Thursday, July 27, 2017

First Day FREEBIES!

With less than two weeks to go, my brain has been on Back to School Overdrive lately! And not just during the day... those lovely dreams/nightmares/premonitions have also started, too.

I've come to accept that no matter how many years I have under my belt, I'm always going to have some anxiety before the first day of school. This year it's definitely understandable- not only did I take last year off from teaching, but this year I am teaching kindergarten for the FIRST TIME EVER (cue scary music).

To help calm my nerves, I've been working on a lot of back to school printables. My daughter's kindergarten teacher sent home the most adorable portfolios at the end of the year and it's definitely a goal of mine to do the same! I have made my (near) future students a fun first day of school printable for them to complete. I'll keep these for their portfolio and have them complete a similar sheet at the end of the school year. It will be fun to compare how their self-portraits and handwriting have (hopefully) improved! Not sure if you'll be able to hang on to something for a full school year? Then just send them home the first week of school- I'm sure the parents in your class will LOVE them!


And, because I've taught first grade, I had to make a printable for all of you firstie teachers out there, too! :)


When do you go back to school? Do you still find yourself getting nervous? I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to School SALE!

Who doesn't love a good sale?! TPT is having their Back to School sale the next two days and I will be participating- both as a seller...