Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Employed Again!


What a journey! After many applications, a handful of interviews, several rollercoaster ups and downs, it's official: I will be back in the classroom in August! 

I am so excited about my new adventure... after only teaching 1st and 2nd grades, I will be teaching KINDERGARTEN this school year! Both half-day and full-day kinder are offered where I live and I will be teaching afternoon kinder at a nearby school. I'll be sharing a classroom with the morning kinder class so at least I'm not too stressed about making my classroom too "old"!

The last few years I've really started becoming interested in teaching kinder and after helping out with my daughter's class this year, I knew I could do it. However, my confidence is waning some... ha! Several times a day, I'm struck with panic, realizing that I may not have a clue what I'm doing. How have I taught for 15 years and still feel like this?! But I'm not dumb... I know kinder is a whole new ballgame! So I'm spending a lot of my downtime nowadays searching Pinterest and reading blogs and learning that it's a BAD idea to have your kinder kids attempt to use scissors any time in the first week of school (something us non-kinder teachers have probably never even thought about!).

Are you a kinder teacher or have you ever been one? I would LOVE to hear any advice you have for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to School SALE!

Who doesn't love a good sale?! TPT is having their Back to School sale the next two days and I will be participating- both as a seller...